What is Boost the App?
Boost the App – Reintroduction of the App to an account to re-engage App users and possibly attract New Users by utilizing all the app features. This can be accomplished in tandem with Annual Events, Product Launches, or any Company/Team Event. Find new and creative ways to utilize the app features by creating new Resources, Categories, Social Elements, Campaigns, Events, Contests, Broadcasts, Coaching, Teammates, leads, API Connections, or any other feature of the App applicable for a Boost the App Call.
The Boost the App Call, at the most should be planned quarterly or at a minimum bi-annually. Minimum 4-week turnaround if all milestones deadlines are met.
Boost the App Checklist
- Decision and Planning – Determining the goal, the needs and the challenges of the account.
- Needs Analysis & Discovery
- Determine what will be the attraction to users for the Boost the App Call.
- Determine Boost the App Call Date
- Design Phase
- Set deadline for all elements to be provided by the account.
- Development Phase
- This is the part where the GTE works on the Account Updates.
- Testing Phase
- Launching the App updates to a select crowd to test, collect feedback and finalize changes before launching to the field through the Boost the App Call.
- Launch & Completion
Details of the Boost the App Process
Decision and Planning
- Needs Analysis and Discovery is the first step of the Boost the App process. GTE’s must determine the following:
- Determine the goal of the account in the next 3 months
- Needs and Challenges to address to achieve account’s goals
- Understanding the fields experience using the App
- Gathering information how we can serve the leaders and the organization better using the App
- Other feedback based on the information the client will give during the New Launch Discovery Call
- Determining the Attraction to Users for the Boost the App Call – in this step, we determine what will be the attraction for the Boost the App Call. Attraction is the highlight of the Boost the App Call. GTE’s must determine the following:
- The attraction of the Boost the App Call
- Ex. New resources, new product, new process, new leader, new App features etc.
- The attraction of the Boost the App Call
- Determining Boost the App Call Date – After the Boost the App Discovery Call, GTE must ask the leader about their target Boost the App Call date, assess if the date they give is reasonable. After agreeing with the date, GTE must create an event placeholder for it in Google Calendar and include GTE, GTL and the account leader’s email address.
GTE must know what are the elements needed and the time required to finish all the work prior to the Development phase.
- Determine elements needed to be submitted by the Account Leaders and his or her team.
- Set a deadline for submission – must adhere strictly to the deadline
- Always follow up if the event of delay
After we determine all the needs for the Boost the App Call and the timeframe required to submit all elements and finish the work required before Testing Phase, send a written summary to the Grow Team Leader and the Leaders of the Account that requested the New Launch.
The Development Phase is the stage where all the required work before launch is done. The Development Phase will officially start after all elements have been submitted to the GTE by the Account Leader.
After the Development Phase, the App will be tested by the leaders in the Account. During this stage, GTE’s must be open to feedback on minor alterations to the finished product.
- GTE’s will show the App to the leaders.
- The leaders and their selected members will test the App for few days
- GTE’s must perform necessary alterations if needed
- Prepare for Field New Launch
Launch and Completion
This is the Official Boost the App Call where the App, the updates, and other Attractions are introduced to the field.
Standard Boost the App Format
This is the program sequence during the Boost the App Call:
- Host to make introductions
- Introduce Winners of the recently ended contest
- Introduce New Contest
- Account Host Leader: Edify Launch Speaker (Internal Power User, GTL, GTE, CEO or RF SALE REP)
- App Overview, User Training & Best Practices
- Get App
- Account Settings
- Add a Contact
- Send Resources
- Personal Resources
- Comparison of Premium vs Standard
- FB Messenger Chatbot
- Contact Journey
- Business Card
- Introduction of New Features
- Question and Answer
- Leaving a call to action