During the nascent years of network marketing, audio cassettes, VHS tapes, and print magazines were the stars of the show.
These were the best network marketing tools we had and we put them to good use.
Such tools were instrumental in marketing products and introducing our opportunity to potential recruits.
Our job – our most important job – was to get these tools into the hands of people.
At any time.
Our best tools circa 2005 turned us into soldiers of sorts, armed with these physical media and reaching out to strangers with a zeal that reflected the novelty of these mlm marketing tools.
Unsuspecting prospects wouldn’t know what hit them (sometimes literally) and certainly never expected a quick trip to the store might introduce them to the opportunity of a lifetime. We knew that the vast majority of these tools ended up in the wastebin after littering the floors of countless vehicles for too many months, but we were just looking for that one.
The one who was hungry for success and willing to put in the work, and you never knew where you would find him.
What’s The Best Tool in 2023?
Fast forward to the present.
The advent of technology has given birth to a wide array of tools designed to enhance and streamline the prospecting and training process.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
CRMs are one such tool.
Top CRM platforms include tools like:
These allow network marketers to manage their relationships and interactions with potential and existing customers in a centralized system.
Email Marketing Tools
These can include tools like:
- Active Campaign
- Constant Contact
- Infusionsoft / Keap
- So many more
are also invaluable in maintaining communication with prospects, providing regular updates and gradually building a relationship.
Social Media Automation Tools
These can include tools like:
These allow network marketers to schedule and automate social media posts across various platforms, extending their reach to potential recruits more effectively and consistently.
Lead Generation Software And Ad Platforms
This can include things like:
- Facebook Advertising
- LinkedIn Advertising
- Google Adwords
These can play an integral role in identifying and attracting potential recruits and customers for your business.
Problems Using Off-The-Shelf Network Marketing Tools
While these tools promise efficiency and effectiveness, they also come with their own set of challenges.
- Lack of Personalization: Many tools are designed for mass communication and don’t allow for customized messaging. This can make communications feel impersonal and generic.
- Overemphasis on Sales: Focusing primarily on closing sales rather than building relationships can create a disconnect between the marketer and the prospect. This can lead to a lack of trust and long-term engagement.
- Data Overload: Some tools may provide an overwhelming amount of data and analytics that don’t necessarily translate into meaningful insights for building relationships.
- Compliance and Ethical Concerns: Depending on the tactics used, network marketing tools might not always align with best ethical practices. Misleading marketing tactics can harm your reputation and relationships with prospects.
- Technical Complexity: The learning curve for some tools can be steep, requiring extensive training and technical know-how. This can create barriers for people who want to focus on relationship-building rather than the technical side of marketing.
- Cost: Sophisticated tools can be expensive, and not all of them provide value commensurate with their cost. High costs can limit access to these tools for some marketers.
- Integration Issues: If tools are not seamlessly integrated with each other or with existing systems, it can create inefficiencies and extra work. This takes away time that could be spent engaging with prospects on a personal level.
- Spammy Tactics: Some tools encourage or enable marketing tactics that can feel spammy or aggressive. This can turn off prospects and hinder relationship-building.
- Lack of Human Connection: Automation and algorithm-driven interactions can lack the human touch that is often necessary to form real, emotional connections with prospects.
- Limited Customer Support: If a tool lacks adequate customer support or has a community of users that can’t provide assistance, it may be difficult to maximize its potential or troubleshoot issues.
- Incompatibility with Brand Values: If the tool’s approach or methods are not in line with your brand values or the way you wish to conduct business, it can create a misalignment that negatively impacts your relationships with prospects.
- Dependence on the Tool: Over-reliance on tools can lead to a loss of personal touch and creativity in the outreach process. It can hinder the ability to adapt and respond to individual needs and preferences.
So if we know that these are the challenges of using some of the off-the-shelf tools, then what should the best network marketing tool include?
We’re going to cover some of those things, but remember the most important thing, regardless of the tool you choose is that you should be…
Making Real Connections
18 Ways To Evaluate Tools
Here are some ways you can evaluate tools to see if they will help you to reach the masses while maintaining one-to-one authenticity.
Consider the following criteria in any tool you’re looking at:
- Personalization Features: Look for tools that allow for personalized messaging and segmentation to tailor your interactions with each prospect.
- Ethical Compliance: The tool should align with best ethical practices and comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- Ease of Use: Consider how user-friendly the tool is, including its learning curve and whether training is provided.
- Integration Capabilities: Check if the tool can be seamlessly integrated with your existing systems or other tools you may use.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Analyze the pricing structure, including any hidden costs, and ensure it fits within your budget while providing the necessary value.
- Quality Customer Support: Look for tools that offer strong customer support through various channels to assist with any issues or questions.
- Analytics and Reporting: The ability to track and measure success without overwhelming data is essential. Look for tools that offer meaningful insights into relationship-building.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: The tool should be able to adapt to your specific needs and preferences and allow for creativity in your outreach process.
- Community Engagement: Tools that facilitate community building or social engagement can foster deeper connections.
- Reputation and Reviews: Look for testimonials or reviews from other users, especially those with similar goals and values.
- Alignment with Brand Values: Ensure the tool’s approach or methods align with your brand’s values and the way you wish to conduct business.
- Scalability: Consider whether the tool can grow with your business and continue to serve your needs as you expand.
- Data Security and Privacy: Assess how the tool handles personal data, ensuring it meets privacy regulations and standards to protect both you and your prospects.
- Human Connection Emphasis: The tool should enhance rather than replace human interaction, fostering real emotional connections with prospects.
- Customizable Automation: If automation is used, it should be customizable to allow you to maintain control over the human touch in your communications.
- Collaboration Features: If working with a team, look for collaboration features that enable seamless communication and coordination within your team.
- Trial Period or Demo: Check if the tool offers a trial period or demo to evaluate if it meets your specific needs before committing.
- Regular Updates and Development: Ensure the tool is regularly updated and developed to remain relevant and effective in an ever-changing marketing landscape.
The Magic Formula For Network Marketing Tools
Network marketing has always been about one-to-one relationship building, rather than one-to-many marketing.
I knew that digital tools could be an extremely valuable asset for the networker, but a new approach was needed. There had to be a way to make prospecting and follow-up easier while still maintaining the personal connections that are so vital in this business.
This led to the birth of Authentic Sharing Technology in the form of the RapidFunnel App. It took almost a decade to develop the right balance between digital ease and personal connection – and what evolved is what we believe is the best network marketing tool on the market.
But don’t take our word for it.
Use the list of 18 evaluation points above.
We’ve provided these and they can be used to give a score to any network marketing tool.
We think you’ll find that RapidFunnel ranks very highly in these areas, and would be happy to talk about it further with you, as well as compare with whatever other tools you might be evaluating now.